About

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Why I Care

I was described as having an "Ahabian" obsession with Donald Trump. I think that is not an incorrect statement. The question is why.

The answer is that I care about what our children hear and see from their leader, I care about our environment, I care about our crumbling infrastructure, I care about our love affair with guns and the NRA,  I care about whose finger is on the nuclear button,  I care about protecting our right to vote, I care about who sits on our Supreme Court, I care about who has a right to live peacefully in this country,  I care about who we open our arms and our hearts to, I care about who pays taxes, I care about who respects women, children, blacks, Latinos, war heroes, immigrants, the disabled, I care about the truth,  I care about who spends a life devoted to self and selfish pursuits and who spends a life devoted to service of others, I care about who puts in the time and effort to learn and understands the nature of the problems we face, I care about who can address this nation's issues thoughtfully and who can only fuel the fire with thoughtless and reckless actions, I care about the future of the world and what it will look like in four or eight years.

I care because he doesn't.

No comments: