About

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Small Favor (If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, Updated)



If you ask me for a small favor, I will surely say yes.

If that favor involves travelling by Uber to a designated location just over the George Washington Bridge then I will have to put the Uber app on my phone and learn how to use it.

If I fail to put that app on my phone because I am an idiot then I will have to take the bus over the bridge.

If I have to take the bus over the bridge I will have to learn how much it costs and if I have to bring exact change.

If I have to bring exact change then I will fill my pockets with twice as much change as I need just in case I misunderstood exactly how much it was.

If I walk to the bus to get across the bridge and it looks like the cars are not moving then I will decide to continue my walk across the bridge, while still carrying all that change in my pocket.

If I begin my walk to the bridge and I take a short cut that is in fact a dead end, then I will have to retrace my steps.

If I have to retrace my steps then I will be delayed in walking over the bridge.

If I am delayed in walking over the bridge then I will worry that I will not get to where I am supposed to be on time.

If I do not get to where I am supposed to be on time then what was the purpose of my doing a small favor.

If  however I do get over the bridge quickly and get where I am supposed to be on time, then I will have successfully completed my small favor.

If I successfully complete my small favor and you are grateful, then I will be happy.

If I am happy then I will want to do another small favor.

If you ask for another small favor then I will surely say yes.

But knowing what you now know, you may be better off not asking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to ask....how did you get home?--RE

Robert said...

Car

Anonymous said...

A good one.

J

Anonymous said...

Fly like an eagle!

Anonymous said...


Have a big piece of cheese, a glass of wine and don’t be so hard on yourself!!
😉

EA

Anonymous said...

I haven't laughed this hard since the movie, "Some Like It Hot". Beautiful!


GB

Michael Gansl said...

Life is complicated 😡