About

Monday, August 30, 2021

Welcome to the World - Part Two

 I know at your age you don't see  everything too clearly, but at my age neither do I.

I know at your age at times you can find things a little overwhelming, but at my age so can I.

I know at your age you are trying to determine friend from foe, searching for the kindest of touches, wondering who you are happiest to have in your presence. Funny thing is I am too.

So while you think we are very different, we are not. So while you think that I have all the answers and you only have questions, I do not. 

So you think, heck I don't really know what you think, I am just guessing. But then I often am not sure what my next thought will be. The little secret is there is a lot of guessing in life.

But just know that soon your vision will become clearer. And soon those images that appear only in black and white will explode in a rainbow of colors.

Soon you will find days when there is a gentle peace in your surroundings, when the swirl quiets.

Soon you will cherish the touch of your mother and father, the laughter of your sister, the relentless love heaped upon you by those who ache to be in your presence. 

Soon you will hear the birds sing, hear the waters of the stream run, feel the warm breezes in the air caress your face. 

Soon you will understand the same truths as I. Soon you will realize how much alike we are, how much we want the same things, how much we need the same things. Soon you will have wisdom, or at least the capacity for wisdom.

And the one overriding truth is that the capacity for wisdom is all we ever have, young or old, beginning or ending our days. 

We are so very alike, you and I. And I hope along the way, you will be my teacher, will lead me if sometimes I struggle to find the path. That you can be my guide if it appears night is descending. That I can lean on you if sometimes I wobble.

I know it is much to ask of you, but you can ask anything of me and I will move mountains to bring it to you.

You and I. I very much like the sound of that. 
Welcome to the world my little friend. I am so glad you are here. 




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very touching

AL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

BL

Anonymous said...

Wonderful!--RE

Gail said...

Just beautiful!! What a gift you have...and are giving your grandchildren.

Anonymous said...

Very special

CL

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes

ER

HER said...

Perfect. You two make a delightful.pair now and I'm the years to come.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING

LB

Anonymous said...

Marvelous! Another one to frame!

GV

Anonymous said...

Overwhelmingly touching. I will save this to read over and over and share.