About

Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Letter of Apology from Dan Gilbert to LeBron James

My Dear LeBron,

I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize to you for my outburst the other day. It was uncalled for, and was not in keeping with the relationship we shared over the past 7 years. I will never forget all that you have done for me and for this city.

When you arrived, we were but a struggling franchise, never able to reach the NBA's promised land. Thanks to you, as you leave, we are now a struggling franchise, never able to reach the NBA's promised land.

I thought we would be together forever, like Brad and Jennifer; A- Rod and Kate; Ben and Jen (#1).

I must have done something wrong. Was it not naming the arena after you? Did I forget to give you a Rolls Royce for your birthday? Were you really serious about being governor of Ohio in the off season?

I wish things had worked out differently, but I guess the stars just didn't align. Or maybe they did, but there is no such thing as collusion among players.

I will always think of you like a son, a son who stole my money, my heart and then ran away.

I had a dream last night. In this dream, you were an angel. I am sorry, I truly didn't mean to push you down those stairs.

So, from me, and all of us who remain in Cleveland, we wish you nothing but the best. Let me rephrase that. We wish you nothing, and hope you and your new friends are never the best.

With deep regrets for my earlier open letter, and my love always,

Dan Gilbert, Majority Owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers and your former BFF

No comments: