About

Sunday, August 20, 2017

Resignation

AN EDITED VERSION OF THIS POST IS SCHEDULED TO APPEAR IN LETTERS TO THE EDITOR IN THE NEW YORK TIMES 

("The Week When President Trump Resigned")

Mr. Trump did not resign this week.  He never cared, even a little, about governing, not from the moment he came down that gold gilded escalator and landed, incredibly, in our laps.

His was, is and will forever be a journey with only one passenger. No room for compassion, morality or any other virtue. No ruminating about a nation's ills and how to heal them. Nothing but an ego trip across America gone wild. 

We should not have been more deeply shocked and dismayed by the newest exhibition of depravity. Be honest. This is a broken record. Look back at the insults, the tone deafness that attaches to this man like white on rice. 

There has been no abdication, no renunciation of his duties by Mr. Trump for one simple reason. He never took office.  He has not been President for even one second. He has just been playing one on TV.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE!!!!

KS

Anonymous said...

RIGHT ON! LOIS

Anonymous said...

Agreed!!!

LE

Harvey F Leeds said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXzUmBYrapI

Anonymous said...

This is perfect; I'm passing it along to your fans.


GK

Anonymous said...

Bravo, I loved this one. -K

Anonymous said...

from a friend of my sister:

Your brother is amazing!!! How wonderful of him to use his talent and say the things we've all been whispering!! Thank you!! ... I definitely think today's eclipse was a sign from G-d.

JB

Anonymous said...

Congrats. I really like this.

LS

Anonymous said...

So good-thank you

JC

Anonymous said...

Just open my print edition. Playing one on tv is a great line. PB

Elizabeth Marcus said...

I was so impressed with your letter in today's New York Times, that I looked you up on line and thus discovered your blog. What a wonderful, thoughtful writer you are. I am going to post your letter on my FB page and include a link to your blog, in case others want to acquaint themselves with your writing. So nice to meet you!

Robert said...

What a kind, generous and unexpected comment.

I hope Elizabeth finds me worthy of the praise she has now heaped upon me.