About

Friday, September 14, 2018

Welcome to the World



To my granddaughter:

I wish for you a heart full of compassion, a mind full of questions, eyes that see not what we are but what we can be, legs that take you where your dreams insist,  arms filled with love, a voice that demands the best in others and in yourself.

 I wish for you that every pain passes quickly, that each tear dries instantly, that the darkest night leads swiftly to the brightest day, that heartaches are few and vanish in the blink of an eye, that you are fierce and resilient, able to weather each storm with certainty and determination.

I wish for you that you are filled with wonder and expectation, joy and happiness, smiles and laughter, wit and humor.

I wish for you that your life is one of which you are proud, that each year brings you satisfaction, each day brings you hope, each moment brings you knowledge.

I wish for you that you feel in the core of your being the depth of a parent's love, the breadth of a family's trust in your greatness and potential to change the universe.

I wish for you that you believe in your own capacity, you rely on your strengths, you strive to meet all your promises, you act not on your fears but on your visions.

I wish for you romance and passion, excitement and anticipation, the touch of one that brings meaning beyond all others.

I wish for you a long and important life, deep and abiding respect for others, the desire to make this planet a better place than the one delivered to you, causes that stir you to act, ideas that matter and demand your attention.

I wish for myself that I am a part of your existence, that I bring you pleasure, that you await my arrival and are saddened by my departure. I wish that I am privileged to witness you in all your glory.

My wishes for you are without end. But beyond all I wish you are a good and decent person.

Welcome to the world. I love you.


COPYRIGHT 2018 ROBERT S. NUSSBAUM

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a beautifully written piece for her to cherish forever.

CF

Anonymous said...

Great piece.

FB

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

SW

Anonymous said...

how beautifully beautiful

MA

Anonymous said...

Love your written story. Words to be shared, read and acted upon.

HK

galngotham said...

As much as you love your granddaughter, she will always have these words from you to cherish!
Mazel tov Rob and Joanne!

ABC said...

I’m not crying, you’re crying 😭

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautifully said. Your granddaughter will have those special words forever

PB

Anonymous said...

So beautifully said! Welcome to the best club in the world!

ER

Anonymous said...

A wonderful welcome to your first grandchild.

MS

Anonymous said...

nobody writes it better!!! not a girl around luckier!!!

R

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful and something she will treasure forever. She is so lucky to have you guys as grandparents.

DK

Anonymous said...

I love what you wrote. Beautiful

LF

Anonymous said...

We’ve all been waiting 9 or so months for this post. It’s everything I expected and so much more. Beautiful

AC

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words for your new granddaughter. May she keep these words close to her heart.

LE

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog!

LRF

Anonymous said...

Lovely message to your sweet granddaughter.

LS

Anonymous said...

Your words are so eloquent and beautiful. It is something she will treasure always.
Mazel Tov to you and Joanne, and your whole family! Wonderful news!--RE

Anonymous said...

Welcome to grandfather life. I wish the same for you and baby

Anonymous said...



This is absolutely beautiful

GK

Anonymous said...

One day, I will get to tell her that her Grandpa composed this even before she came into the world!!!
Hearing it once made me cry at once. Reading it now makes it indelible.
What a lucky little girl!

❤️😘❤️😘

EA

Anonymous said...

And as to your last wish (that she be a decent person), how can she miss with a grandfather like you.


AK

Anonymous said...

Your granddaughter is one lucky girl to have a wonderful family excited to show her how to live a good life.

NL

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I teared up reading this. So beautiful.

SL

Anonymous said...

❤️❤️❤️

B

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful letter to your granddaughter

LH

Anonymous said...

I reread what you wrote and again I want to tell you how beautiful it is and I am sure she will love and appreciate it when she gets older

C

Anonymous said...

Amazing and you will be a more amazing Grandfather
JK

Anonymous said...

Lovely sentiments. If she has your DNA, she'll have an expansive heart, a fertile, curious mind, , can't wait to see what develops. She's a lucky girl and so are her grandparents.

AS

Anonymous said...

Lucky little girl to be born into this amazing family.

FK

Anonymous said...


Very meaningful. It is a great wish for any baby being born, and in fact any person living

HL

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

HL

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written.

RL

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
You have said it all.

AM

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! She will love reading it when she is older.

AJ

Anonymous said...

I read your welcome greetings and good wishes to your first granddaughter...it deserves to be published as a poem as well ! How beautifully it is written

LP

Anonymous said...

Wow what a gifted writer you are.I wish for your granddaughter to inherent that gift from you or at least to read and appreciate it as she grows up .

AP

Anonymous said...

Beautiful read - at first and on her first!!

EA

Anonymous said...

One of your best and one that your granddaughter will no doubt treasure.



Helen

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

LB