About

Thursday, December 19, 2019

Not one



Not one.

Can I be residing in the same universe as they? Have they not heard the damning, undisputed testimony? Did they not read the "perfect" transcript? Did they not recoil in horror at the unambiguous mandate from above to ignore the request to appear, to produce evidence?

Not one.

Our system of government is torn apart for we know there were without doubt many in their midst who found the conduct of this man wholly unacceptable, fully outside prescribed boundaries and totally in violation of the law and Constitutional dictates. Yet neither conscience nor courage prevailed. Political expediency was the air they breathed and the ground upon which they strode.

Not one.

It was impossible for me to view this charade without anger. To listen to their raised voices, their shouts of indignation and outrage. Their pledge of allegiance not to country, not to justice, not to morality. Not to anything but him. 

Not one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said.

JB

Anonymous said...

So true. Unfortunately, and sadly, this has become a country STRICKLY BASED and DIVIDED, upon party line. Right or wrong hold no importance...just protect your own. I pray this only holds true for the Republicans...but I doubt it.

JAM

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go back in time to discuss all this with James Madison.--RE

Anonymous said...

I am ONE.
Last night’s one was awe-inspiring; but I doubt if he country will rally round the flag, boys and girls.

Louise/8A