About

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Strenuous Flus

 (Trump Admits Minimizing the Virus, Knowing It Was 'Deadly Stuff')

"It's also more deadly than even your strenuous flus."

My emotional response to this revelation is much more muted than it should be. I am so wearied from the energy wasted in responding to Mr.Trump's endless barrage of misdeeds that this one, the one that should elicit the greatest outrage at the devastation it has caused, instead almost brings an opposite reaction. 

I find myself focused on the idea of a "strenuous" flu. On the fact that we have been saddled not only with malevolence but also with clear stupidity. He, who speaks in such juvenile language, whose phrases are forever littered with words we discarded as soon as we possibly could, whose incompetence hides in plain sight nearly each time he opens his boca, the best he could come up with was "strenuous"flus. 

Really, I am ashamed to say this brought me a momentary inner smile. Amid all the destruction, all the horrible struggle we as a nation have faced as we are called upon to fight this terrible pandemic with one hand, and sometimes it seems both hands, tied behind our back thanks to Mr. Trump's intentional deceptions, amid all this, I found my gaze transfixed on the word "strenuous."

This is what four years of Donald Trump has done to my brain. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is incomprehensible to me that not one Republican is speaking out today. --RE

Bruce said...

I don’t believe Trump said this. I demand that Bob Woodward produce audio tapes to prove it.

Oh.

Anonymous said...

He shames our country every time he opens his mouth.

JP