About

Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The Debate

You will have to inform me what transpired after the first 20 minutes. After that, I turned to the Yankee game for solace.

This was a disgrace, a humiliation, as an abusive man aimed his vitriol at his opponent, the moderator and our democracy.

If you watched until the end you were either a masochist or a paid reporter. 

If you learned anything of substance it must have been by accident.

I turned to the talking heads afterwards for the post mortem and they appeared shell shocked.

Will our nation really have to take this punishment on two more occasions?

As for me, I can only hope the Yanks make a long playoff run and  I am spared even a thought of what Donald Trump is doing to diminish his office and this country.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were so lucky to have missed the rest of it. Simply appalling. Excruciating to watch.

SM

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hope 12-3 Yanks took a teeny bit of the excruciating pain away. It did in our house...

EA

Anonymous said...

Simply an embarrassment for America


BL

Anonymous said...

it wasn't a debate-it was a debacle lois

Anonymous said...

Excruciating and a source of great shame. Someone needs to tell Republicans that there shall be no worshipping of false, inhumane idols. Whether the white-haired Biden is Moses or not, we will be wandering in the desert for the next 40 years just undoing the damage that Trump has done to our country.--RE

Anonymous said...

Indeed, oy and all that. I watched. I'm paid to do it.

Go Yanks go!

#7

Anonymous said...

Your classmate Doug Schoen thinks Trump won last night. Sorry he does not see how we all lost. How awful and embarrassing.

Bob

Anonymous said...

I watched to the bitter end and indeed it was excruciating. The man is nothing but a thug!


JP

Robert said...

I've seen far better debates in my daughter's elementary school.
It's impossible to engage with trump and not be dragged into the mud with him. Like playing tennis with someone who can't even hit the ball back in bounds but constantly returns balls out of bounds or hits lobs. There's no way to get a good rally going. All things considered, Biden, given his own deficiencies, did extremely well - - and certainly, his decency came shining through.

I feel so violated that my daughter witnessed this shameful display of an important election procedure- let alone has had to spend a third of her young and impressionable life under the rule of such an unworthy leader. I pray with every fiber of my being that he (it) doesn't win again. jane B.

Anonymous said...

I watched the whole debacle

T