About

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

My Most Sincere Apology

 ("He's Sorry. She's Sorry. Everybody's Sorry. Does It Matter?")

I have a suggested solution for this ubiquitous problem: a pre-apology, a mea culpa prior to your mea being culpable.

You must apologize before you commit the inevitable wrong for which your contrition is mandated.

 "For that which I may do hereinafter which is found reprehensible, I am deeply sorry. For those who know me best, my actions were an aberration. They do not represent who I am and what my fundamental values are. I can never fully forgive myself for my transgression, nor can I expect you to do so. Just know I will try to do better in all the tomorrow's to come, to live up to the highest expectations you have for me and I have for myself. I will do all I can to be deserving of your respect once more. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for not giving up on me."

That should nicely cover any oops before it occurs, don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

a man who can apologize- i love it lois

Anonymous said...

Sorry - but your fan club awaits your next post!!
😉

EA