About

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The hearing

When we visited the Beatles a few months ago they were weighing in on the trials and tribulations of the political campaign.

Now it turns out that Bernie Madoff, those speaking on behalf of the victims and the judge in his criminal matter have all agreed that they will rely solely on quotes from the Beatles when making their statements in court today. I was able to get a copy of the statements ahead of time, and you are the fortunate ones to get a sneak preview.

MADOFF-

I should have known better...I should have realized a lot of things before (I should have known better)

I'm a loser, I'm a loser and I'm not what I appear to be...What have I done to deserve such a fate. I realize I have left it too late, and so it's true pride comes before a fall (I'm a loser)

But if I seem to act unkind it's only me, it's not my mind (I want to tell you)

If you've got trouble, then you got less trouble than me, you say you're worried, you can't be as worried as me (If you've got trouble)

Well I hope you come and see me in the movies, then I know you will plainly see, the biggest fool that ever hit the big time, all I gotta do is act naturally (Act naturally)

I'm down (I'm really down), I'm down (Down on the ground), I'm down (I'm really down) (I'm down)

Well, don't you know I can't take it, I don't know who can, I'm not gonna make it, I'm not that kind of man (I call your name)

Crying, crying tears keep a falling all night long, waiting, waiting, it seems so useless, I know it's wrong to keep on ... crying, crying , crying (Crying, waiting hoping)

Ev'ry night the tears come down from my eyes, ev'ry day I've done nothing but cry, it won't be long yeh, yeh (It won't be long)

Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they're here to stay, oh I believe in yesterday. (Yesterday)

If I could get my way, I'd get locked up today.(I'll cry instead)


STATEMENT ON BEHALF OF THE VICTIMS

Tell me why you cried and why you lied to me. Tell me why you cried and why you lied to me. Well, I gave you everything I had but you left me sitting on my own. (Tell me why)

What goes on in your heart , what goes on in your mind, you are tearing me apart when you treatt me so unkind , what goes on in your mind (What goes on)

He's as blind as he can be, just sees what he wants to see, nowhere man can you see me at all (Nowhere man)

Hold your head up you silly (boy) look what you've done. When you find yourself in the thick of it, help yourself to a bit of what is all around you silly (boy) (Martha my dear)

Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the dirt, and for all the little piggies life is getting worse, always having dirt to play around in...In their styles with all their backing they don't see what goes on around. In their eyes there's something lacking. What they needs a damn good whacking. (Piggies)

I don't know how you were diverted, you were perverted too (While my guitar gently weeps)

Try to realize it's all within yourself,no one else can make you change. And to see you're really only very small and life flows on with or without you (Within or without you)

The best things in life are free, but you can't tell me 'bout the birds and bees, Now gimme money, THAT'S WHAT I WANT, that's what I want, THAT'S WHAT I WANT (That's what I want)


JUDGE

Boy you're gonna carry that weight, carry that weight a long time (Carry that weight)

Day after day alone on a hill, the man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still, but nobody wants to know him, they can see that he's just a fool... and nobody seems to like him, they can tell what he wants to do, and he never shows his feelings, but the fool on the hill sees the sun going down (The fool on the hill)

For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool by making his world a little colder (Hey Jude)

Cry baby cry, make your mother sigh (Cry baby cry)

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make (The end)


The sentencing in this case will not occur for several months. It has been rumored at that time that the Beatles' songbook will again be the sole source for the closing chapter in this saga. I will see if we can get a peek at those words before they are uttered in open court.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that the Beatles had invested with him!!
ASK