About

Monday, March 16, 2009

Published

I just received word that my story about coming to grips with my bad golf game has been selected to appear in "Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Golf Book: 101 Great Stories from the Course and the Clubhouse" which is scheduled to be available in bookstores on April 21, 2009. [Richie's Note: Or at amazon.com. This is not to be confused with "Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul" or "Chicken Soup for the Soul: Tales of Golf and Sport: The Joy, Frustration, and Humor of Golf and Sport" or "Chicken Soup for the Golfer's Soul: 101 Stories of Insight, Inspiration and Laughter on the Links," previous editions that you may currently find in stores].

For those of you who want to get a sneak preview, here's a link to the original post. (This was a piece I wrote early last year, so some of you long time readers may already remember my lament).

Enjoy.

PS part of my payment is 10 complimentary copies of the book . 1 for Joanne and me, 1 for my sister, 1 for my mother, 1 for my mother and father-in law, 1 for my sister and brother-in-law, 1 for Richie, 1 for Alex (that makes 7 pledged already, whether they want it or not). 3 more unsuspecting victims left [Richie's Note: Or you can buy the book at Amazon for less than $11. Or your local bookstore. Full disclosure: Dad's remuneration is not based on the number of books sold, and he will not be quitting his day job.].

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who saw your game at both 6 and 56, I hope the old times will return this season. (But I will stand behind you.)

Congratulations on being published!

Marcus Aurelius

Robert said...

thank you.

I hope to recapture some of the magic this year. However, I will be using my sore back and my somewhat balky shoulder as continuing excuses throughout the season. That way I hope to create greatness out of mediocrity.

David B said...

Rich: He has a day job? I thought his only life was family,
the Yankees and golf.

Robert said...

Speaking of life being about family, I am now typing this to you at 5:30 AM having ALREADY driven Alex to Kennedy airport and returned (we left at 4:20 AM as she has a 6:30 flight this morning).

No one ever said I was normal.