About

Thursday, March 12, 2009

I support McCain

I come to you with a dirty little secret that I must reveal. I have found a Republican to believe in. I may be late to the party, but as they say, better late than never. There is a voice of reason in town, and it is one that draws me in. That voice belongs to McCain. Meghan McCain.

The daughter of the former Republican nominee for President, Ms. McCain is an outspoken critic of the extremists that now populate the party. She has chosen to take on one of those voices in Ann Coulter. The Huffington Post (3/9/09) quotes Ms. McCain as stating that "I don't understand this woman or her popularity. I find her offensive, radical, insulting and confusing all at the same time."

McCain has also taken verbal swipes at Michael Steele and his new hip-hop strategy for the party. While professing her love for the GOP, McCain has recently commented they have to become more moderate and reach out especially to younger voters (Rachel Maddow Show, 3/11/09).

This is a woman willing to be different. In her blog, McCainBlogette.com, she speaks of the tattoo she should get to commemorate her time on the campaign trail with her father. She says the unofficial survey is leaning toward McCAIN in gothic letters on the base of her neck. (McCainBlogette.com, 3/7/09)

Tattoos and outspoken criticism of her own party. Next, I wonder if she will go after the godfather of the party, Rush Limbaugh. This is my kind of woman.

She is only 24 and professes no interest in a future in politics. Until recently she was an independent but has now registered with her father's party. I have a fundamental difference with the policy beliefs which this party espouses. However, in distancing herself from the worst of the lot, she is certainly a breath of fresh air for the Republicans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why can't you vote for her? Ted

Anonymous said...

I know your kind of women....and that aint her.