About

Friday, August 28, 2009

10 for 50

With the passing of Ted Kennedy, there is a half century retrospective that many of us are now undertaking. I was on a walk with my brother-in-law this morning and we started to talk about the 10 most memorable events from 1960 to the present. The list below does not include 'ongoing' issues like war, but rather moments in time. In chronological order, here goes:

1 The assassination of JFK.

2. The assassination of MLK

3. One small step for man

4. Woodstock

5. Nixon's resignation

6. The Berlin Wall crumbles

7. Monica Lewinsky

8. Hanging chads

9. 9/11

10. The inauguration of Barack Obama

I am sure you may disagree with some or all of the above, and find certain egregious omissions. Let me know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

5.5 assassination of RFK

Robert said...

Certainly a memorable, and terrible moment.

Robert said...

You forgot 262

My number in the first draft lottery


Arne Kotlen