About

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A love story (sort of)

WHENEVER I TAKE A DRIVE UP TO THE BERKSHIRES, I LISTEN TO MY FAVORITE COUNTRY STATION- IT MAKES ME WANT TO WRITE A COUNTRY MUSIC SONG- HERE GOES




I know I drank too much last night.
I can tell by the ache in my head.
I know we had a big, bad fight.
I just can't recall what I said.

Messing up is what I do best.
I can't get out of my way.
Someday soon I'll give stupid a rest.
I can't wait to get to that day.

But for now, won't you please just open the door
I'm freezing out here in the rain
I'm bare assed and bare foot and soaked to the core
I'm an idiot who's in severe pain

I've slept outside for the very last time
Let me back in our home and your heart
I've been punished again for committing a crime
For today give me a fresh start

So for now, won't you please just open the door
I'm wheezing out here in the rain
I'm bare backed and bare head and soaked to the core
I'm in shock, I'm in need, I'm in pain

The windows are locked, the neighbors are staring
I can feel you just looking at me
Have some pity in your heart, a small bit of caring
I'm exposed for the whole world to see

Come on now, won't you please just open the door
I'm sneezing out here in the rain
I'm barely alive, I'm soaked to the core
I'm a wreck, I am naked, full of pain

1 comment:

Jack said...

I think you shouldn't quit you day job just yet. Robert, you really need to get a life.