About

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Thanks

I thought I would finish this year of angst filled blogs by stepping away from the edge of the abyss. I wanted to send a note of thanks to all of you who have put up with me not only this year but for nearly a decade.

I know my thoughts can be repetitive, that there is a fine line between dogged pursuit and obsession. I know there is an endless supply of other voices for you to turn to, a virtual world at your fingertips and that there are millions of others more clever, more precise, more of so many positive qualities I do not possess.

But still there are those who not only tolerate me but seek me out and for that I am  in your debt. You give me the motivation to put my ideas on the page, to think more clearly about what I feel, to try to more accurately decipher a world that is often perplexing.

I understand my failures far outweigh my successes. I know that many more walk away, disinterested or worse, than remain. I apologize to those who feel their time has been wasted in my company.

But this piece is not written to them, but to you. Thank you for letting me into your homes, your heads and hopefully your hearts. My promise to you is to try to do better tomorrow and in the tomorrows to come. I can only hope to be worthy of the faith you have shown in me.

And so, as this often bizarre year comes to a close I offer you the one present I can for 2018: my best effort.

Speak to you soon.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

.Your words and your wisdom challenge, inspire, validate and help get me through these hard times.....

Hoping your 2018 and the world’s is an easier, kinder and more hopeful one!

🍷😘❤️

E

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh that’s so sad 😭. We don’t tolerate you we love you!!!

AM

Anonymous said...

The book, the play!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for always sharing your amazing thoughts! I always look forward to reading your posts!

LK

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing all your writings
I do enjoy reading them
Diminished but not beaten!!!

Peace
Frank

Anonymous said...

your successes outweigh your failures, if any. keep!em coming

Lois

Anonymous said...

Great writing - all the time

DD

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your blog. Something I look forward to always. Abiding by my (our) current decision to stop watching national news, I especially enjoy your successful efforts.

MS

Unknown said...

Keep it going!!!

Anonymous said...

It’s been a pleasure putting up with you

ND

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine my day without reading your blog. It inspires. Please keep up the great work! Happy and Healthy New Year! --RE

Eileen said...

Never stop-your words are inspirational and often fuel my discontent in a way that I never feel alone. Happy and healthy New Year!